SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_13

Is my lawn a lost cause or is there still hope?

Mike_13
10 years ago

Hi everyone,
My lawn is weed-infested, dry and spotty. It hasn't been taken care of, especially this year - no watering, no fertilizing, and barely any mowing. It looks terrible and I was wondering if there's anything I could do to bring it back to life.

The thing is, I'm not aiming for perfection, not even attempting to come close. My front yard is a whole different story, but as for my backyard, I'd just like to do something on the cheap. It mostly serves as a playground for my children anyway.
So, no sprinkler system, no leveling, and no lawn service hiring. I know I can't expect a great lawn but I only want a cost-effective improvement.

I've read many threads about overseeding a weed-infested lawn. Some of them said to kill the weeds in fall and wait with seeding till spring. Others said to overseed in fall and take care of the weeds later. There were also those who said that it's pointless to overseed since the lawn will look terrible unless you start a new one.

I'm confused. What do you think I should do? I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my lawn, and the weeds that I have. http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/msmyla2/library/Lawn
By the way, I live in Poland (Central Europe), where we have a climate similar to Maine.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)