SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulinct

Rounding up tomorrow with the weak stuff

paulinct
16 years ago

Hi folks,

Before I learned better here I picked up enough of the 18% Glyphosate Roundup "concentrate" to treat 3,000 feet rather than the 40% stuff. I have a little more than 2,000 feet of lawn and border to kill. I will use this stuff, but am wondering if I should apply it at a heavier rate than indicated. Bottle says OK to plant grass three days after application, I won't be planting until Labor Day, and will be rounding up again next week, with the 40% stuff if I can find it in time.

Would be trying to kill some fine fescue and lots of crabrass and related annual grassy weeds, and lots of Rose of Sharon volunteers, if that makes a difference. It has all gotten good water recently and is growing fairly well.

So I guess my question is whether I will have germination problems with my new seed in 2-3 weeks if I apply the stuff I have at a greater rate than indicated on the label, followed up next week by the recommended rate on the 40% glyphosate stuff.

Or is the percentage of glyphosate accounted for in the recommended coverage rates?

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks!

Paul

Comments (12)