SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Sometimes people are ... strange

meldy_nva
11 years ago

A couple days ago, I went to the big sox store for milk and eggs. As usual, I chose a parking slot not very near the store and was starting to back in when a man approached the car in the next slot. Never trust a pedestrian... so I stopped (partway into the space) and sure enough, he glared at me and stomped between my car and the next, went to that car's door and opened it, got in and sat, with one leg on the pavement and door wide open. And sat, and sat, and sat. Finally he pulled his leg in and closed his door. I finished backing into place. He rolled his window down and (here's where it gets strange) began to berate me for backing in. Among his comments were rather detailed phrases indicating that anyone who knew anything would pull into the parking places because this was a store where you had to access your trunk to put the all the groceries in. He continued for several minutes while I just looked at him. Finally muttering about stupid women drivers, he backed out (not checking for oncoming people, carts, or cars) and went his way.

Okay, not everyone is able to back into a parking space in one go, and fewer still are aware that *backing* in is safer than pulling in to park, but... Even if he had known 'all' my groceries would be in one bag and placed on the seat beside me, I wonder why he felt entitled to make a condescending lecture.

Some people are just strange.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions