SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

Cookbooks

mwoods
16 years ago

I ran across this cookbook and what an oxymoron the title is ...

Chicken Or Beef,The World's Best Love Airline Recipes. LOL.

For 20 years The James Beard Foundation has been presenting annual awards in several categories for the best cookbooks and the latest for Cookbook Of The Year goes to The Lee. Bros. Southern Cookbook. What is it about Southern cooking that makes people salivate so much? Paula Deen ( is that the right spelling?) is wildly popular and watching her throw in butter,cream and anything else full of fat into her recipes,and then looking at her size...well,what can I say? I was raised on Southern food and love love pecan pie,sweet potatoes,fried chicken..the whole nine yards but a steady diet of that stuff will kill you eventually. Nice way to go,though.

I have a gazillion cookbooks,all dog eared with my favorite recipes and hauling them out all the time and trying to find the recipes is a major pain. There has to be an easier way and I finally solved part of it. So many of those recipes are now online and for me it's much easier to Google the title rather than try to find it in my book case. Anyway,those are my thoughts this morning on cookbooks.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
More Discussions