SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

Summer Vacation at last!! (Photo heavy)

flowerluvr
16 years ago

Crops are planted, and I got some pictures. This is one of the tractors I drive. There are 3 Versatiles...I'm always in one of them, just with a different implement of destruction behind me :)

{{gwi:157521}}

Long shot of the same tractor with the disk and rolling basket. You can't see the rolling basket-the disk and the basket hooked together are about 40' long. Interesting to turn around in a corner without running over yourself, which I HAVE done. Unfolded, its' 35' wide. Going down the road with it folded, you have to be really careful for low hanging wires..some of them WILL catch on the disk. The disk chops up the "trash" and loosens the dirt, the rolling basket smooths and firms the soil to plant. This is run ahead of the bean drill.

{{gwi:157522}}
And, of course....the loo. If you're lucky, you're near a woods you can pull up alongside. As a little kid, I could NOT go to the bathroom outside, no matter how bad I had to go. I got over it ;)

{{gwi:157524}}
Here are a couple of Jim drilling beans. I had to include the second one, because it shows some flowers! The long arm thing sticking out the side of the drill is the marker. When he turns around, he follows that line back the other way. That's how they get the nice straight rows and even spacing.

{{gwi:157525}}
{{gwi:157527}}
The sprayer...makes me feel a little like I sold my soul to the devil. Hate farm chems, but they seem to be a necessary evil. This has a 90' boom on it, so they can spray a 90' swath at 10 mph. Neal is pretty much the sprayer operator, and I never ever have to drive it.

{{gwi:157528}}
This is corn that was planted two weeks ago.

{{gwi:157529}}
And, the after-party. They look pretty excited, don't they? This is at the Young brother's shop. From the left, Steve, Neal (brothers) and my DH Little Jimmy Joe-Bob..lol, he HATES for me to call him that.

{{gwi:157531}}
That's it for the moment. I don't know WHERE they hid my tractor and the soil finisher. That's what I dragged around most of the spring, and it preps the ground for the corn planter, which they also had hidden. No mean feat, as it plants 16 rows spaced 30" apart.

Brenda

Comments (12)