SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Next summer vacation planning ideas please! Cornwall?

jterrilynn
9 years ago

My husband and I need some ideas on where to go next. Initially after enjoying Devon England so much we were thinking of maybe doing Scotland first and then spending the baulk of our time in Cornwall. Devon had some awe inspiring walks along the cliffs as does Cornwall so that's why I picked that area. However, I keep reading about how touristy it is so now I'm not sure. I've been to Italy, France, Spain, and England several times, Croatia and more. There are many countries and U.S places I haven't been. I was even thinking Utah.

I like to walk in beauty, not be in the midst of sardine tourism but yet close to fine restaurants and things to do. I like adventure. Husband likes to be near water and relax but would be content with a nice pool/bar. I would like hiking through large state parks. Husband does not like flying insects of any kind and does not want to be in the vicinity of animals that could kill him. Neither of us are campers. We like nice but unpretentious travel. Husband is keen on nice walks, level one or two exploring, biking or water craft type things though. We do not want to cruise. We do not want another tropical island.

Ideas?

Cornwall?

Comments (41)