SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

Wrinkled leaves on repotted Phal...

sue36
14 years ago

I purchased a Phalaenopsis orchid early last fall and it was doing well, but the plastic pot it came in was starting to get mis-shapen (I assume from growth) and I was worried about rot because the roots were really jammed in the spaghum moss. I purchased a clay orchid pot and orchid mix from a garden center that sells a lot of orchids (they have their own mix). It is basically bark chips and that white crunchy stuff. As expected from being in spaghum, there was some rot on some roots, but not too bad. I repotted it about 6 weeks ago. One leaf on the bottom has turned yellow, and now all the other leaves (including the newest one) are wrinkled and wilty. I believe it is underwatered. The mix dries out very quickly, I water it every other day or every day. It was doing better before, in the spaghum (I only watered it about once a week then). There is no sign of new rot, so I don't think it is overwatered (and don't see how it could be, the chips hold no water at all) Should I repot again, but mix some spaghum in with the chips? Should I use a completely different mix? (they knew the type of orchid I was repotting and said to use this mix, it wasn't cheap either) It is still flowering, btw. Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!