SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

A rambling thread about things that make me smile...

jazmynsmom
15 years ago

Smile 1:

My nephew Carson, the one with the new baby brother, will be two on the 4th of July. He's a verbal and headstrong little bugger. The other night, my sister and her family were at my parents' house for dinner. At the end of the meal my mom said to my sister: "If it's OK with you, when he's finished with what's on his plate, I have s-t-r-a-w-b-e-r-r-i-e-s."

Carson, frustrated at the obvious attempt to hide what was being communicated in his presence, glared at Nana and said "A-B-C-D-E-F-G!" He understands the code, he just can't put together the pieces yet.

Smile 2:

The day before yesterday I found myself finishing up some minor gardening tasks. I wanted nothing more than to pour myself a pink drink, pour myself into my hammock, and pore through the latest issue of Fine Cooking. I found myself with an eight-year-old sidekick that would not be dissuaded from my company though: "Miss Michelle! Can I help you water? Can I help you plant? I sure wish I had a hammock too..."

(Sigh.) So I asked her to water some plants for me, went inside, made my pink drink and poured a champagne flute full of lemonade for her and asked her if she wanted to read my magazine with me in my hammock.

Ya know, cooking magazines sure read different through the lense of a child's eye. It was a delightful way to pass an hour, we mostly looked at the pictures and talked about our respective experiences, likes, and dislikes with what we saw. She went home and told her mom I gave her the best glass of lemonade she's ever had in her whole life... (Her mom and I both buy the same brand!)

Smile 3:

Poor Izzy can't be in the yard without the robins screaming their fool heads off and dive-bombing her, still angry about the incident. But they don't seem to have any problem with either my neighbor or me being close to their babies on account of they watched us put their nest back up and their babies back in. It's been five days since Izzy carried one of the babies across the yard in her mouth. The scratch mustn't have been too serious since there are still three little beaks attached to three breathing bodies. Look! They have feathers now!

{{gwi:161851}}

Please take a moment and share your smiles. Rambling, sidetracking, and going way off topic is strongly encouraged, so long as the journey is pleasant.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions