SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Saturday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
15 years ago

We had about 7 inches of rain in the past 72 hours, with more promised this evening and tomorrow, and in the form of thunderstorms. Weather people got excited yesterday, but luckily little if any damage was done. Mostly it was flash floods. It looks like we are entering our summer weather pattern.

This is the first Saturday since soccer season began that I have had free, and didn't make any other plans. I want to get the kayaks out on the river, but the rain and storms have made it iffy. There is still standing water in the yard and it's enough to float a kayak, but not to do much else.

I went down to my favourite seafood shoppe and picked up crab legs and shrimp for lunch. I have become a fan of steaming both crab and shrimp as I find it almost fool proof in not overcooking them. Seems the flavour is more delicate when they are cooked that way, too.

Afterward, I decided I wanted to make a Key Lime Pie. I road my bicycle down to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for such that was needed. The store is not exactly cosmopolitan so there were no Key limes to be had. So I decided to commit heresy and use Persian limes, the kind commonly found in all grocery stores. I committed even more egregious heresy by buying the bottled lime juice. So, technically, I am making a Persian Lime Pie.

Does that exonerate me from being excommunicated from the cooking guild?

Now that soccer is mostly over until August I may once again regain my loquaciousness.

So, what is everyone else up to today?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions