SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Saturday Musin's

endorphinjunkie
11 years ago

It's an ever so pleasant sunny and cool October day. This time of year is absolutely the best weather possible for this weather be-knighted land. It's in the Goldie Locks zone: not too hot and not too cold. Just right in a way that make it a joy to be alive and above ground. Never mind about the chemo fogged mind. It's healing. Slowly and not as fast as I would like. That's life. Maybe my memory is no longer eidetic, but it is working once again, even if it's in spurts and fits. Time will tell. Huginn and Muninn. Thought and Memory. The old Norse knew. These are what defines us as human beings. Without either, we lose our identity. I still have the power to reason. Thought I had lost the ability to remember. Was bereft. The past year was tough, to say the least. No more, though, the ability to remember is slowly returning. Not as fast as I like, but I am impatient. Dealing with my 80 year old father's dementia and dealing with my flirtation of it has not been easy.

Have spent the morning at the State Park. There is a rendezvous of the Great Loopers. There are here for a week to enjoy the weather and the fall scenery. It' nice to be able to talk with people for Michigan, Virginia, Illinois, and other states that I've never been to, or haven't been to in a long time.

Came home an decided to cook. I've grilled a petite bacon wrapped filet mignon steak. Steak fries, hawaiian rice, and garlic rolls compliment the main course. Sipped a blackberry wine whilst cooking. Tea is the drink of choice with the meal.

It is good to still be above ground. I have the ability to reason and have a mostly restored memory. I will make do.

I now have a full understanding of the old Norse concept of Ragnarok as a metaphor for human life.

After a short nap I will head back to the marina. There is a casual party for the Loopers this evening.

Enjoy Life. It's worth the effort.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions