SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Saturday's Musin's

endorphinjunkie
17 years ago

Working and taking a couple of classes really cut into my soccer time this semester so I really didn't work that many games. Maybe only 12 or so, and mostly middle school or lower level jv and varsity games. That was what fit my time. Years past I could easily work 60 to 70 games during the high school season. But since classes are over I have worked half as many games this week as I have all year. My, but there's a major gravity storm today. But last night I worked a couple of higher level games and it were a down right now joy. It was the kind of night that reminds me just why I so enjoy doing what I do. But I am paying for it physically this morning. What the old saying we referees kid ourselves with? Oh, it's that we refs get a year older each successive year and the kids stay the same age. The weather has been mostly blasé this week but it cleared yesterday afternoon and the evening was downright gorgeous. Clear sky, low humidity, just enough warmth to go "AAAAHHHHH." Made it a joy to run around on the soccer field. It's a gorgeous morning also.

Making plans to go to Florida in the next few weeks. It won't be primarily a pleasure trip. Dad wants to go see my oldest brother and my older brother wants me to take my dad there. Seems both have had a major glimpse at their respective mortalities and don't think they are long for this world. Both think this may be the last time they will be able to see each other. My other brothers and myself haven't been able to disabuse them of their notions.

I need some humour, or at least a little levity. Maybe this will do.... At least it's a start. I am missing the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Did I mention that it's a drop dead gorgeous spring day?

The river beckons......

Elia

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions