SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Signs of Summer

endorphinjunkie
12 years ago

90 degree heat is one for sure, and we are having days of this now. Not everyday, but more than not for the last week or so. My resident anoles are out and about, running over the patio and occasionally venturing into the sun room. Pretty little things they are, even if they are little reptiles. They are sporting a gaudy shade of green, more outrageous than new foliage on spring plants. There's a family of possums living in the back hedge. Sadly they are down one kidling, as I have two four legged hunters who take their genetics gifts seriously. Birds, moles, and other wildlife are not safe from the pack. It's the way of the world. The humidity has been creeping up daily and soon it will be sweat city around these parts. That goes with the territory. TVA has raised the pool level of the lakes up to summer levels. The water temperature in the river is fast coming up to comfortable levels. It's still refreshing and one can make do with a shorty wetsuit.

I probably won't have a garden to speak of this year, as the pack rules the back yard. No matter, I have my tropicals in containers and have been wanting to set up a hydroponic garden. Probably will use pvc piping and clay pellets. Saw a movie the other day, "Leaves of Grass." One of the major characters had set up an amazing hydroponic system. My goals are more modest, but one can dream. The movie, by the way, is excellent. It has a great cast. It was written by Tim Blake Nelson. Y'all might remember him from another movie.

One of the anoles just went by the glass door and seem to have lost part of his tail. Hmm, it's a savage world......

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions