SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veronicastrum

Wild About Funks Grove

veronicastrum
15 years ago

Last Saturday we got to make another trip to Funks Grove. The new camera came along and I took 80 photos. It was fun to play with the camera and see the results when I got home.

So here's a little taste of what we saw and what caught my eye.

One of the things that fascinates me is the diversity to be found on the forest floor. In this photo, the strap-like foliage on the left is wild leeks (Allium tricoccum), the small whitish flowers are spring beauties (Claytonia virginica) and the red flower about dead center is red trillium. You can see smaller trilliums in the photo as well.

{{gwi:156339}}

Look at how this remnant of a fallen tree has weathered.

{{gwi:156340}}

We were fascinated by the twists in the trunk of this fallen tree.

{{gwi:156341}}

The new camera is great for taking close ups of intriguing foliage like this Mayapple.

{{gwi:156342}}

I think my friend Chelone must have been there before me, because I saw her pants hanging on the line to dry.

{{gwi:156343}}

You can almost imagine these roots coming to life and making the tree walk away.

{{gwi:156344}}

We weren't the only ones to walk through the woods, there was evidence of other visitors.

{{gwi:156350}}

I love the grace of Uvularia grandiflora.

{{gwi:156352}}

Since it was an overcast day, it was easier to capture the blue of the Mertensia virginica.

{{gwi:156354}}

Can you tell I had fun? I could post several more, but perhaps I should close this for now.

V.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!