SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musickep

Full Cardboard Gardening

musickep
13 years ago

Hi, Im new here, only been gardening 3-4 years. I have a vegetable organic garden. I have read all the previous posts of cardboard gardening (which were from 08 mostly) and have some questions that were not answered.

I am trying a cardboard garden this year..tired of the weeds and we do not have a tiller. (we rent one and go in with someone to share the cost on a weekend).

I got my cardboard from Sears, free - their appliance boxes. They just flatten them and put out back in a bin until pick-up.... and said I could have as many as I wanted. They are nice thicker boxes. I even stapled them down into the dirt with large push pin type things, then watered them good. Everything seems to be doing well so far. Tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, zucinni, melons, etc.

Does anyone do full cardboard gardening? What about the pill bugs (rollie pollies?) I seem to have a a lot of them, and they are possibly eating my bean seeds that I keep trying to replant. But, on the contrary, I notice a lot of worms when I do dig a hole for adding a veggie plant...and the soil seems moist. So apparently its working well for now. But maybe talking to someone who has done this before and or doing it now, would help. Thanks so much! :)

Comments (8)