SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erict_gw

What kind of gardener are you?

erict
15 years ago

I am a specimen gardener. I come from a completely scientific background, and became interested in horticulture because the concept of securing my own source of exotic food is a tantalizing idea. And because the gardening has a huge amount of encyclopedic info for my head to absorb. Okay, okay - I also found that I am almost incapable of killing a plant and that it's a surprisingly cheap hobby.

I have no love for uninteresting plants that are planted often only because a lot of other people do.

A dendrobium and a doritaenopsis. A gynura (quadruple planting). A coffee. A dwarf cavendish. A china doll (whoa - just checked it and it just doubled in size overnight O_o). A peperomia. A fittonia. A rubber tree. A minirose that wasn't supposed to be fragrant. Two daphnes that love me (for now). A gardenia no longer indoors. A confederate jasmine. Pot culture stargazers from bulbs. A variegated dracaena. Pot culture strawberry.

I'm looking forward to growing bizarre yet beautiful tropical specimens plants and unheard-of fruits. If you can find it on the cover of Home and Garden, I'm probably not interested!

What's your style?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions