SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Time to Ramble Thread

calliope
16 years ago

Just sitting here, too bored to do any serious work at the puter, not sleepy enough to hit the sack. Thought it was time to start a rambling thread and invite all to feel free to just take it where you want it and tack on some factoids and free associations as you wish.

Have you ever tried to rip off a piece of plastic wrap or aluminum foil only to have the roll hop right out of the box and head for the floor? Happens to me about every time I use it. Husband's cousin just "discovered" that most all of those boxes, both brand name and generic have instructions at the ends of the boxes to push in a tab, and it locks the roll into the box. Duh. That reminded me of the thread we had on Far Side Cartoons, about the school for the gifted. He just discovered it and passed it along, so I am passing it along too. LOL.

It's forty five freaking degrees here and nearly Memorial Day. I've seen temps this cold on occasion, but it's been like this all spring. One month away from summer and it's still furnace weather.

My DD and SIL have a pileated woodpecker who comes to visit them every morning and evening and is ripping the hades out of an old tree stump by their house. This bird could put a stump grinder to shame. I have seen damage like that to stumps, but at my house it's a skunk who does it. Why does she get a pileated woodpecker and I get a skunk?

After a late frost last year killed every fruit on my trees last spring, they are loaded this year, both with flower and small fruit. Fingers crossed no freezes to come. But, it's been so cold, I'm wondering if they got pollinated. Bees don't come out until it's over 55 degrees. Hope I don't find a gob of aborted fruits under the trees on the ground.

Have a collection of puter printers still in the house, all of them expensive until the last two. Mine went bonkers at mail out time and I bought a couple of cheap four in ones because I had to have them immediately and didn't have time to mess with tweeking the good ones. It's come back to bite me in the rear. The cheaper the printer the more expensive the ink cartridges. LOLOL.

Carry on.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
More Discussions