SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceci33_gw

phal leaves falling (but not dry), flowers wilted :(

ceci33
13 years ago

Hello,

I received 2 beautiful phal plants on the mail about 10 days ago (they came in the same pot) - i gave them about 1/2 cup water when i received them, and the next day, thinking i didn't give them enough - i gave them another 1/2 cup or so. i think i overwatered.

the white phals became droopy 2 days later and remained droppy, i gave them some time, but about 2 days ago, i removed the droopy ones. the center of the flower was beutiful but the white petals were hanging :(. The purple phals have been fine however, and only recently begun to hang down a little.

after overwatering it i carefully removed the plant from the pot, provided them with support (they are quite tall) and placed them in a bigger pot for a few days in order to let the soil air dry. they are back in their original pot. i have not watered since. soil still seems a lil moist towards the bottom, so i'm holding back - don't wanna drown them :(

I suspect it didn't fare too well on the trip over here. the leaves never became yellow, spotted or dry, in fact, they are quite healthy looking, and there were many of them at first. I noticed the ones at the bottom however were bruised, just bruised, as if they had been squished. and they just fell off the plant! especially my white phal - it only has one leaf left and its looking bruised too.

the roots look good, although there are a few that are dry, and both phals have buds that are still good, and are yet to bloom. The bottom of one of the plants (where the leaves are) is dark dark green, as if it was holding onto a lot of water. one of the leaves of the same plant has a very thin dark, black edge.

i might be over observing, but wanted to give you guys as much detail as possible. the medium is bark, by the way. and although i took the plant out to let it dry a bit, i used the same bark it came with when i put it back in its pot. help please?

:'(

Comments (6)