SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsmfix

Fukien Tea - wilting, dry green leaves? HELP!

Mark Mathews
8 years ago

I've cared for this little tree for 3 years; it has done beautifully with bi weekly waterings (using liquid houseplant fertilizer in the water) and occasional pruning. He lived in my office in a SW facing window until 4 weeks ago. He was blooming and healthy when. . . .

I moved to an office with West facing window. He gets different sun (2.5 hours, direct, late afternoon, rather than 3 hours, near direct, mid day) but not much different. The new office is also cooler and drier than the old one.

The tree has been going down hill ever since the move. Almost immediately he stopped blooming. Today I was mortified to come in and see that he his leaves are about 10% brown (but don't fall off easily) and the rest are still green - some wilted green, some dried out green, but none of the leaves fall off easily.

I'm now realizing that I should have done a soil change to prepare for the move, should probably be using better fertilizer, and he perhaps hasn't been getting enough water with the cooler, drier air. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I've moved the tree back to the office where he was doing well, and watered him. What else can I do? I know its' not good to make changes when the tree is already ailing, but really want to save this one. Any advise? I can send a photo if needed. Please help! This tree was the model for my business logo, and I really want to save him if possible.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington