SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
siklid_gw

Fukien tea needs help

siklid
17 years ago

Hello ,

My wife recently purchased a small pre-started fukien tea bonsai. It's been removed from the pot it came in ( a regular 4" rose pot) to a nice bonsai pot. The root ball was cleaned and the plant was set into a new media . The media may or may not be our problem. It consists of a potting mix,sand, and perlite.

A few days after the repotting the tree began to have dry dead leaves as well as some wilted ones. It was watered and three days have passed ,still it has not shown any signs of perking back up yet. I think the media is still damp. Perhaps even too damp.

Is it common for this species to have troubles after a repot and after adjusted do they spring back ? Or is it more likely we've got a bigger problem on our hands? I've thought maybe the lower humidity in our forced air heated home coupled with a repot and western window exposure may all have shocked the tree too much. It is now placed in an eastern facing window getting good morning sun an bright indirect light in the afternoon/evening. I really hope to save this tree , she fell in love with it the second she bought it .

any help is greatly welcomed

thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor