SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinagik

browning,dry (and sometimes wilting) leaves on blueberry plants

tinagik
14 years ago

I have 5 blueberry plants in 12 inch high containers (with a diameter of about 10 inches) equally space apart, about 3 1/2 feet from each other. The person I bought the blueberry plants from told me that I should cover the blueberries with about a half-inch or 1 inch of soil, no more, which is what I did. The leaves are browning on some of them and then drying out. Some other leaves are wilting. There is some limited growth on some of the plants. One plant bloomed (2 little pretty flowers) but then wilted right away.

I feel the soil to make sure it's damp, inserting my index finger all the way. It is just damp, not saturated.

I haven't checked the PH because I haven't gotten my hands on a PH meter. I just purchased one and will pick it up in a few days (when I will get to the states for my summer vacation).

The soil is not too sandy and loamy. That may also be the problem. I am correcting that today, before I leave for the states. Maybe the soil is not getting drained enough at the bottom.

Any advice as to what else I could do? If the soil turns out to be more alkaline than it should be, what can I purchase to make the soil more acidic?

Thanks, Tina:)

Comment (1)

Sponsored