SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ratilda_gw

a rooky needs HELP!

ratilda
16 years ago

Hi to all!

Iâm a novice in growing orchids, so, please, forgive me if I use not the right terms or ask the obvious things. I have an orchid which was given to me as a BD gift two years ago. It was in bloom at the time it was given to me, but after its flowers had faded it havenât produced any more for two years, and the branch where the flowers were had dried out, so I cut it off. Recently, I was extremely happy to see that this plant had grown out two new branches that seem to have new flower buds! One branch was growing on the main stem, the second one grows out of the orchidâs root system.

Now, Iâll tell about the core of the problem. Few minutes ago, I accidentally broke the soon-to-be-blooming branch #1 off its main stem. Iâm very upset, but hope that I can somehow save this part of the plant and maybe even see its buds turning into flowers.

The orchid that I have is some kind of Phalaenopsis. The branch that was broken off has several air roots (5 long ones and 2 short ones), two healthy leaves growing out of small bulb, and 10 in. part of the stem that was broken.

Please, advise what I must do to save this plant! Can I grow a separate orchid out of it? Also, what do I have to do with a rest of the stem that is left in a pot?

I appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Valerie.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor