SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xmpraedicta

Your most exciting purchase

xmpraedicta
16 years ago

I'm just copying a post that I saw on the 'other' forum cause I think it's an interesting idea - what is the most exciting orchid you've ever bought? Something that's been on your wish list for years that you've finally gotten, perhaps? Or a special hybrid with sentimental value that you thought was no longer for sale, and then one magical day on ebay...

I haven't been growing for too long, but my most exciting purchase until a week ago was a pair of aerangis biloba/aerangis mystacidii. I've wanted to try aerangis species for ages and I finally got these two at our OS meeting 4 weeks ago...and I think I'm doing something right because they're both growing new leaves and roots!

However, I made an even more exciting purchase this week - Dendrobium Peng Seng, a primary hybrid between dendrobium cruentum and dendrobium tobaense. Tobaense is top of the wishlist right now, so this hybrid is second best. I'm so happy about this that I'm willing to tolerate the unfortunate nutrition study I'm now enrolled in to pay for all my extra unforeseen orchid-related expenses recently.

What are your happiest purchasing moments?

Comments (35)