SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorieu_gw

phals sick, help please!!!

lorieu
16 years ago

i am really worried about my phalanopsis'. i have 3 of them, 2 small ones, and one large. i took them to my friends house for her to water while i went out of town for two weeks during the holidays. the two little ones were really healthy when i left, they are looking wrinkled and bad now, and i am nervous about what to try and do to help them? any ideas? my large orchid was looking a little bad before i left, i had trimmed 2 leaves that were looking bad, and when i picked it up, it looked really great. i just checked it out, and it has a big yellowish splotch that is sortof lumpy looking, and then the center leaf (of 3) is looking yellow tinged around the edges. should i cut the leaf off that has the lumpy yellow spot, or juct cut out the lumpy spot? its about 1 1/2 in long on one half of the leaf, which is about 6 in in length. i live in TN right now, and so its a humid climate, i water about once a week or once every two weeks. i have a lamp that i keep over them during the night since they are getting less natural light during the day due to the season. i love my babies, and i just want them to be healthy!! can anybody help me???

Comments (3)