SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Probably the best buy I ever made.

gandle
17 years ago

Leone just wwalked by carryng a lot of heavy denim, says she is going to make new cushions and padded back cushion for the porch swing. She is opening the old Singer sewing machine I bought for her about a month after we were married almost 59 years ago. It is a console model and very heavy, she says it sews very heavy material better than her newer ones. Not real sure how many sewing machines she has had over the years but now just has the old Singer and a quite new Pfaff with lots of bells and whistles. She has either given away or sold her other machines but holds onto the old Singer.

Don't think the girls ever had any clothing from the stores except underwear and socks, Leone made just about every piece of outer clothing, even coats and the kids looked great and they were proud of their attire

When we were living on the farm and were feeding chickens, the chicken feed came in 50 lb. bags that were printed and if the girls went along with me to buy feed they used to make the feed store guys dig down in the stack of feed bags to get the right print.

She is in the process of putting a quilt together for a gift for one of the twin granddaughters who will be married late next month, says she is just about ready to start quilting so expect I won't see much of her for a while unlessI go to her sewing room.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions