SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michigoose_gw

Being skewered by the Medical community once again....

michigoose
18 years ago

Well, in Nov., 7 1/2 years after my most recent bout with cancer, and 12 1/2 years after the first bout with cancer, I went to go to an oncologist at a leading University here in OH because I needed to get a new guy after moving down here from CT. Now mind you, I've done 2 courses of radiation, 2 courses of chemo, and had a mastectomy.....I got a bill the other day from the University pathology dept. for $1,800. What for? They were analyzing my tissue samples. This seems to be a tad late. I mean, I'm on Arimedex to try to thwart cancer growth...and it HAS been a while since I had cancer, and I had Yale and St. Raphaels look at this when I originally had it, with second opinions from Swedish Memorial in WA/Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center....Now, why do I have to pay almost 2 grand to have it re-looked at?

I'm also disgusted because every year at this time of year I get strep throat or some other bacterial infection. Sure enough, on Sunday, I got the chills, sore throat, pain in one ear, utter fatigue and little red spots on my throat. I tried to go to a doctor here, but since I hadn't rounded up a GP, I could only go to a walk in clinic (the guy I had picked out refused to see me until he had done a new patient consultation with the earliest appointment I could get being in Mid-January). So, I trotted in...they tell me it is probably viral. So...since Sunday, I've been barely able to swallow, waiting for something really obvious to show up so I can go to the walk in again and stick my tongue out at them. To top this off, DH is in CA for the week, so getting my dd off to school, picking her up, riding herd on her, shoveling the Driveway (I THINK that the present under the blanket in the garage is a snowblower as a present to me but I promised dh that I wouldn't look....but, I think I am going to look after I talk to him tonight becuase this is just nuts)..whimper whimper....and I had to put the lights on the xmas tree myself...

Our tree is a so fat Scotch pine that my husband was calling it the bush. So I told him to be on first name basis with it and call it George.

Anyway, I'm just having a moment of self pity and wanted to vent.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus