SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judybird2014

car fever

Judybird2014
17 years ago

I think I have it:-(

For years I needed an SUV to haul animals and everything else back and forth to the lake every week. I thought we'd move up there so I basically moved the small stuff, week by week, over 6 years. We sold the house this year, yep, had to move most everything out, altho we sold it furnished, still a lot of little things.

The SUV's were great for this, and for safety's sake on a very busy highway.

I need a car now to get around town, zip to my mom's 100 miles north about every month, but I don't need a gigantic gas guzzler weighing 5750 lbs to carry me back and forth to the office and Kroger!

I love Toyotas and have enjoyed this big Sequoia, but I drove a new Lexus GS 350 the other day, OMG, worse than orchid fever, this new sickness came over me, fell in LOVE with this sports beauty! It wouldn't get the gas mileage that a Camry would(but much better than Seq) and it's about 25K more $$$ than the Camry, but that all seems insignificant when I'm daydreaming about it;-)

Of course, Robert is against me trading. He says I'll lose a bundle, but my Sequoia only has 30K miles on it, in perfect condition and I know I'll never get as much for it as I would now.

What do you guys do when car fever comes on this strongly? I remember my dad would get it about every three years and that's all that would come out of his mouth until finally there was a new car in the garage.

{{gwi:135266}}

Comments (32)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus