SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

come on my walk.

mwoods
17 years ago

Having a camera small enought to fit into your pocket opens up a whole new world to me...taking it everywhere,including my morning walk is a lot of fun.This morning I went 2 miles and took pictures along the 1st mile down our road and around the corner. We've lived here for 30 years and all the land around us is zoned 10 acres except for our little corner which is 3.5 acres. We are surrounded by barns,woods etc. and walking around here is enjoyable. So here is what I see on my daily walk. This is the corner of our property as seen from my first steps onto the road. The little birdhouse sits in the middle of my pet cemetary.The building is a small garage/shed with my greenhouse attached.{{gwi:135394}} The next picture is probably my favorite barn on our road.{{gwi:135400}} This barn is only a couple years old and houses 2 beautiful horses. I like the style of it {{gwi:135401}} When someone bought a parcel of land we all wondered what kind of house would go up. It sure is a duck out of water but I like it.{{gwi:135402}} Next stop is the sheep farm. They bought these sheep in order to give their rescue border collies something to do. LOL The little piece of orange you see is one of the markers for the dogs when they are training. {{gwi:135403}}ok...just a few more pictures now.Next is a long piece of road which is really pretty in the fall and it's mostly woods on either side.{{gwi:135404}}finally you come to an open place which has a little creek and the people who owned the property,built this several years ago.{{gwi:135405}} and finally just so you can see everything isn't bucolic,here is what is at the end of the first mile. It's an auto salvage place that is acres and acres across. They have been here for almost 40 years and were here before most of us moved in. Some people moved in and then tried to get this place closed down. I wasn't one of them. They have a large stockade fence around everything and the only place you can see in is a very small opening from which I took I took this picture. The people are very friendly,have supported the community and they were here first..bottom line in my opinion.{{gwi:135406}} Thanks for walking with me. Hope you show some of the good,bad and ugly where you live too. It would be fun to see your neighborhood.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions