SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Come, walk with me some more--I love to share the *peace*!!

Janice
14 years ago

You ever want to reach through your monitor and grab folks to come sit with you in your gardens?

That's how I feel--even with sunsets--I can't stand not sharing the view with someone else.

If 'peace' could be shared--that's what I want to do for all my hosta friends!!!

The barrel (below) is my garden memorial to my parents! They were married in the month of June (H.June planted behind the Inpatiens)

and my mother loved 'Stella D'Oro' daylilies. She had 4 barrels full of them across the deck of their N.C. mountain-home! The lily

planted in this barrel is similar, but named 'Many Happy Returns'! I like the lemon-yellow and name in this context! I do have many

of her lilies in my front-yard beds.

I brought the temporary grave markers home with me, once the permanent one was in place and now I

always have them on display in this 'memorial'!

The first pic. was taken in June and the second yesterday:

And, a 'taller' view of what 'makes me smile':

This pic. spotlights 'H.Kiwi Full Monty' sent to me last year, as a surprise, by 'BluePoppy'! Haven't seen her posting this year

I need to email her and see if she's okay! She needs to see how well it's doing in my garden!!!

The next three shots are in front of a work area attached to our detached 2-story garage

that my husband is enclosing this year! He built the garage about 30 yrs. ago!

You'll probably notice some obviously 'unfinished' touches! But, I'm doing my part--plenty of annoying 'input'

and working on painting! I'm thinking of painting the door 'Cottage Red', like I did the windows, on the sides!

And, now a peek up the pathway to my 'Secret Garden' that needs more 'tweeking' of late:

I've enlarged this bed more, since the last set of pix:

Now--I have plans--for even more hosta, hehehe:

Thank you for looking at what I've been up to, and I hope you've sensed the peace I enjoy

when I'm walking in my garden!!

Comments (21)