SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastpenna

Renovating & Moving Towards Organic

eastpenna
16 years ago

I posted this question on the organic forum, however the answers sort of got off track, so I will try here.

I am in the process of renovating my lawn, to the Mag3 KBG blend. I have also decided very recently that I want toeventually switch to an organic lawn care program, but do have a question or two.

What I was thinking of doing, after core aeration is putting down some organic lawn fertilizer, scotts organic 11-2-2, then raking it in to the aeration holes.

Then since I had already purchased some synthetic starter fertilizer, was going to mix the seed with this and spread. Would this be two much fertilizer? Or would it be okay since the two work in different fashions?

Then in about 4-6 weeks fertilize again. But with what? Orgainc? Synthetic? I do want to switch over to all organic, but after all this work of renovating, I just want to make sure that the new lawn comes in as good as it can.

Should I hit it again in mid November with any fert? I know it will be to cold to use Organic at this time.

I have only been using synthetics for one year, and mulching the clippings for at least the past 10 years. I have just sent my soil sample in today, so I will not have the results back before seeding.

Thanks

Comments (6)