SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northtexas

any way to make my bermuda darker green?

northtexas
13 years ago

I live in Keller, which is just north of Fort Worth, Texas. I have been following Texas Weed's bermuda bible since last spring with the only exception being that I am only mowing once a week so I am keeping my grass higher than he recommends.

The soil seems to be clay with some big rocks mixed in. I planted some shrubs last weekend and dug up some bowling ball size rocks. A handyman that helps me do stuff said he was working for a builder when they began excavating and saw some cadillac size boulders under the soil. I ran across lots of earthworms in my digging though and we even have some texas spiny lizards :)

Any ideas on how to make my grass a darker green or should I just be happy with what I have? The lawn looks better than any lawn I have ever had (not as good as some I see on here) but I would like it to be darker green. I was admiring it today and took pictures and in the pictures I noticed its pale green color, seems almost fine in person. I have a competition with some guys at work and we enjoy taking pictures and harassing each other. I applied ironite around a month ago but it didn't do much. I have attached a link to pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of bermuda

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations