SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristinainaustin_gw

Bermuda Not 'Greening Up'

kristinainaustin
11 years ago

To make a long story short, my husband and I purchased our house almost a year ago. We fertilized the grass (newly laid "sod") once last summer with a "weed and feed". We kept the grass as high as possible (Oops!) and ended up with a constant pile of dead grass clippings all over the yard once we realized our mistake. We tried "de-thatching" over the winter and I think we finally got rid of most of the dead grass clippings. Now we're trying to do things the "right" way, but the grass just isn't "greening up" (especially compared to the majority of the yards in our neighborhood, which look remarkably green compared to our's)! Here is what we've done so far:

* Alfalfa pellets after the first mow (with a "regular" bagging mower at the lowest setting) in March

* Soybean meal at the beginning of April

* We haven't watered yet as we've had some rain here and there

* We're mowing at the lowest setting with a seven blade American Lawn Mower reel mower every three to four days

I've included a few pictures as well (Hope they work!). They are of our front yard, which I think faces East. Our back yard gets more sun and looks slightly better. Is this just a waiting game? Or is there something more that needs to be done? Did we kill our grass (Ha!)? We are in zone seven, I believe, central Arkansas.

Thank you for your help!

{{gwi:1101783}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

{{gwi:1101785}}

{{gwi:1101787}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored