SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huntro_gw

Meyer lemon tree losing leaves

huntro
14 years ago

I have read a lot of entries on the forum, but this is my first posting. I'm in Raleigh and have kept my meyer lemon tree outdoors during the last two summers. It thrived last summer (2008) and didn't do as well this year. Around the middle of the summer many of it's leaves began to turn yellow and drop. After reading several postings, I added an iron supplement and it started doing better. It receives a fair amount of light, I water thoroughly at least once a week, and here in Raleigh there is sufficient humidity. Oh, and I also spray occassionally for spider mites. Since late August, however, leaves have started dropping and the tree is now almost bare (except for 8 large lemons). Most of the leaves were still green when they dropped and indicated no signs of disease. Help, I've got a Charley Brown tree. It looks terrible and I'm worried that it won't survive without leaves and the ability to photosynthesize. Not a good way to start the winter...indoors. Any thoughts or similar experiences out there? Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County