SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcculac

Tifway down 90 days, individual pieces yellowing/thinning

mcculac
11 years ago

Been a long time reader here but this is my first post. I had a front lawn of mohawk but killed it off this spring and replaced it with Tifway. I put down approximately 220 yards on April 1 and around the same amount again on June 1. Around mid-June the area that was put down in April began to have individual pieces of sod turn yellow and thin out. I continued with my normal watering/fert schedule and it didn't improve. I watered a little more and it got a little worse. I backed off the water and it continued to get a little more worse. I've had one hort guy tell me it was a bug problem and one hort guy tell me it was a fungus issue. The sod farm has offered to replace it but I dont really want to dig up 20 yards of sod unless I absolutely have to. As you can see in the pictures, the yellowing thin pieces are actual individual slabs. Some are surrounded by good grass and some are connected in rows or squares. The other 95% of the sod looks fine. Anyone on here have an idea of what this could be? I'd like to avoid digging up the yellow pieces if possible. First picture is from my porch, second pic is from the driveway. Thanks in advance

Comments (12)