SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlysc2015

Zenith Zoysia and our new lawn

kimberlysc
12 years ago

Good Morning All,

In May we had Zenith Zoysia sod put down. We had spent a fortune on remodeling a house so we had to have the yard to go with it. The mistake was we did not put in a sprinkler system. We have had no problems watering with all our sprinklers and the grass is thriving. I love this zoysia. I like the fact that it has a wide blade and the grass is very thick. My husband cuts it on the highest setting with the landmower. This is what I have noticed. When the grass needs water it will sure tell you. What happens is there are spots that appear in the yard, the areas actually look darker then the rest of the grass. In these areas you can tell the grass is dry, the blades are curling up and the blades look like prickly needles versus the wide blades.

Put water to it and before you are done the grass looks back to normal. I wonder how long you could go with these areas without water? I get panicky and out goes the sprinklers again. Nearandwest I think you are close by and if you are having showers like we are it's not much rain. It rains for approximately 5-10 minutes and that's our storm. The temperaturaes are unbearable here like everywhere else and I sure wish we could go about a week without watering but thats not the case. As I'm sitting here I'm getting slightly sick to my stomach, we have not received our water bill yet and it's due anyday. I'm trying to prepare myself. I can't complain at all with this zod, it's beautiful but I need to know how to take care of it. The landscapers fertilized the day they put it down. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (6)