SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
torxx

Bermuda Tif 419

torxx
16 years ago

So many questions... I'll start with asking why my grass is not very green? It looks pale yellowish and not impressive to me.

Background: sodded last year at the beginning of the season. I used 10-10-10 last year once a month or so. This year when it came out of dormancy I had winter bare spots (only in the back yard for some reason). The spots are filling in but now mid june and not completely.

This year I have been using 26-?-? (local turf supply shop recommended)twice so far. I mow with a reel mower at less than an inch twice a week. Water as needed.

Also I have noticed some budding (flowing I guess) in some areas even though I mow frequently???

I set the mower down a setting two mowings ago and scalped the crap out of the lawn. looks terrible. The flowering is still showing up???

If I only mow bermuda grass and don't have rocks and sticks around, shoudn't my mower remain sharp. Hard to find someone to sharpen it...

I am trying to get that fairway look, which will require some laborous leveling. The installers did not roll, which did not do me any favors, even though the quote stated rolled.

Please help. Thank

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (18)