SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timbo424

What could be causing this?

Timbo424
9 years ago

Hey everyone, new to the site and I'm hoping someone can lend a hand. I have a 2 foot circle and then maybe a 4 foot oval of brown (almost dead) grass in my back yard. (I'm including a picture but I'm on a mobile device so not sure if it will upload) little history on my lawn. We had the whole yard leveled and started from scratch. We had it hydro seeded in the fall, unfortunately I'm not sure on the type of grass was In it. It came in great super green and healthy. Winter came and went it was as still looking pretty good. We have a lawn care company come out and fertilize and what not. We have only had 2 applications and it a hybrid organic treatment. It has been pretty dry in western MA past few weeks. I have been watering the lawn once or twice a week depending on rain fall. I'll let the sprinkler go 30min or so and it usually gives me 1/4 to 1/2 of water. I did notice that the soil is pretty hard packed I didn't check the whole yard certain areas. The front yard is fine. I do have a dog but I feel it is not due to him seeing that you doesn't do his business there. Sorry to be so lengthy I'm just trying to cover everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (7)