SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autograff323

Company over fertilized now what!!

autograff323
11 years ago

Hi I'm new here but I had to join to see if I could get some help. I had my lawn done about 7 weeks ago and we put down new top soil and did seed fertilizer and lime. Grass was growing beautiful so green and healthy bieng I don't know much about grass because this is my first home I called in the pros to come and maintain my lawn I have an irrigation system and have been watering it just right I also was. Hitting it just right never cutting it more then 1/3 of the bight keeping it about 3 inches. At about 5 weeks that company came in and left a sighn they weed and feed the lawn. About 5 days later it started turning yellow the boss said maybe I was over watering to cut back so I did two days later it's dead. After all this they said they messed up by putting that fertilizer to early and they are going to re seed it with a slit seeder. Since the phone call it has been a week and it had rained like three inches here and I am continuing to water to drown out that fertilizer. My question is when they slit seed this week is it going to work or is that fertilizer still strong enough to kill the new grass?

Comments (4)