SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nctom

42 yrs old and Finally got a lawn boy

nctom
15 years ago

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lmower/msg1117022013466.html"I bought this one"

I have know idea if that link is going to work but that doesn't matter so much. The reason for the post is I just wanted to share with someone,that just might care,that I got a cool Lawn Boy.

I think I got a good used Lawn Boy 10515. If the link worked, you know about as much as I do about it. I found this link trying to learn some about my mower. The pics in it are the same that were in the ad on Craiglist. The guy I got it from shared the same story with a little more detail.

Anyway I brought it home and pulled the muffler expecting to find some carbon build up in it and in the exhaust ports but they both were OK. I did manage to remove about a tablespoon of carbon out of the muffler. I also cleaned the filter, changed the plug and put a couple of pumps of grease in the rear wheels. Next I ordered a Gator blade and installed it. I decided to leave the mulch fan off as it did'nt fit against the gator blade like the OEM did.

Today was the first time I used it. At first I wasn't WOW'd by it much. It was only when I mowed some thick grass that my heart raced a bit. I had read about that LB sound and was anxious to hear it. It does sound unique just running but man does it sound killer at work. I'm hooked and have plans to purchase another just as soon as I find it near home.

I'm happy with the price I paid ($100) then add about $40 bucks in gas to pick it up. I really don't know if it was a super good price but I'm happy. It runs great even though I was told it surges some when it's just "running" and not cutting grass. It did surge some when I first brought it home butt I found the air breather was'nt hooked on one end. It looked like it was on but it was'nt. Once I got that on correctly the surging stopped. Anyway heads were turning in the neighborhood today. That LB sounded awesome cutting thick grass.

I am using synthetic echo oil that is 50:1 @ 2.6 ounces per gallon. I mixed up 2 gallons and added 2.6 ounces 3 times. Based on what I've read here the echo synthetic at 50:1 should have been OK but some still add extra to get it closer to 32:1. I should be OK - ? If not,please stop me now. I had no idea that LB ashless oil was still around but I saw a bunch of at HD today. I can use what I mixed today in my Echo blower,edger and weed eater and go with the LB oil.

Anyway, I'm excited and just wanted to share my fun.

Tim

Comments (7)