SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pottingshedgirl

Lawn scalped by accident, help

pottingshedgirl
15 years ago

I am almost in tears as I write this message. I have searched for the answer for this and maybe I am doing the search wrong but have not come up with an answer. So, here goes and I apologize if this has been covered in a previous post. This past Saturday in the late afternoon, the person that mows my lawn with his riding mower came and mowed. I was busy with kids, dinner, movies etc and didn't watch him mow. When I looked out of the wondow the next day it was clear there had been a problem. I ran outside to look at my lawn..just butchered. There were many, many completely bare to the dirt large areas and other areas that were scalped almost to the dirt but were brown and pathetic looking. There were also deep divets and deep swirls bare to the dirt. You see it had rained hard here on Friday night, but became sunny on Saturday after 11am. I think he believed it was dry. But it was not. When I called him the next day he apologized and said the weight of the wet grass landed on the housing of the blades and made him scalp and bottom out all over my lovely lawn. That being said, I am not interested in blame, I know that one is not supposed to cut when grass is wet and so does he. It does amaze me that he did not stop but it was dusk turning to night and I don't think he fully comprehended what was happening. Question - what is the best way to save lawn scapled in many areas unintentionally? Water? Milorganite? Please help I want to save my lawn. My sincere appreciation.

pottingshedgirl in Pittsburgh

Comments (7)