SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crumpsc

New Bermuda sod - wait one season for leveling?

crumpsc
12 years ago

Hi - new to the forum. I've recently had Bermuda laid in my back yard (3 weeks on Monday), and the installer didn't do the best job leveling/grading the soil before laying squares.

In just searching around, I'm relieved that atleast I can bite the bullet and use the sharp-sand leveling approach to slowly bring my sod to a level state. I have concerns about whether or not to attempt this during the first growth season. I live very close to Augusta GA (just over the border in SC). It gets very, very hot/muggy here for several months. We'll average 90+ starting in May and that will last (and get closer to 100) until around the end of September.

Additionally and sorry but kind of off-topic...what type of approach should I take for gaps between squares. I've got a few (not many, but a few) where the installer used small strips of spare sod to fill in. Those are mostly brown and don't look to be rooting at all.

Thanks in advance - and very excited about finally investing some money in my skanky back yard. I know where the installer got the sod, so I will ask that company what exact strand it was and post some pictures tomorrow AM.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer