SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Dandelions & moss

oceanna
16 years ago

Please be gentle... what I know about gardening you could put in a thimble and flush down the nearest drain without turning on the disposal.

I live in the Seattle area where it's wet 9 months of the year. I have no idea what type of lawn I have. It was here when I bought the place. It had been sodded in.

I have a bad dandelion problem in some areas of my lawn. I've pulled them till I'm blue in the face -- I mean I went on a mission in a rage and worked many days in a row. They came back with a vengeance. It wasn't worth it.

I've used weed n feed and the only result was I had to mow a lot more often than my neighbors.

I've used a spot shot type spray (I dunno -- I think it was Weed B Gone) to kill them and that may have helped a little... but... and I think this is very important... I also lost two dogs to cancer and I'm not sure I trust what it says on the sides of those poison packages. First question out of my herbalist/naturopath's mouth was, "What did you put on your lawn?" The man next door on one side of me uses a service and his lawn is gorgeous, but he got cancer. I dunno what the cause was, of course.

I also have two areas that are bad with moss.

Are there safe old fashioned ways to rectify these problems without poisoning anyone? Or should I just hush up and stick with the conventional means till death do us part?

Thanks!

Comments (13)