SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmies419

Grub damaged lawn repair / replacement. Please help!

jmies419
13 years ago

I have a issue with my lawn and really do not know where to start. I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some information. I live in Northwest Ohio and have had pretty severe grub damage in the fall of last year. I would estimate the damage in my backyard at about 75% damaged and about 15% in my front lawn. I was wondering what my best option would be to repair or replace the lawn.

I had a company come out and do a estimate on prepping the damaged areas of the front and back lawn then hydroseeding. They said they would cut out all of the dead areas, till and level (adding soil if needed) then hydroseed. The square footage is around 3300 or so. The quote to have this done was $1350 plus tax for everything. Is this a good option and a good price? I already have a irrigation system in place so watering the lawn will not be a issue and I am hoping to get good results.

Another method they discussed was something I think he referred to as "slit seeding"? They said they would bring a machine in that would heavily seed all of the dead areas. None of the dead grass would be removed and I was told that would be used as a mulch of sorts to hold in moisture for the news seeds to germinate and grow. This option was far cheaper but I do not know what kind of results I am going to get.

Sod is out of the question because I do not have the funds at this time to do a project like that. Hydroseeding seems to be a good option but I am not sure if the price is right that I am being offered. If anyone has any information or alternative methods I would really appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

Comment (1)