SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Fungus Gants: Any more that I could do?

MrBlubs
10 years ago

Latlet ive been seeing little black flies zig zaggin about near my plants and all over my home. I smashed a ton of them and looked at one dead one under a microscope to Identifiy it. And yes they were fungus gnats

If anyone can recall a while ago I poste about my Neanthebella palm trees and how supposley they had bugs in them.. We'll i never saw any my mom did but I didnt think so. So I did the soap in water thing and did that for a while. Then I potted them in a new pot and all was well.
Now Come today the soil was just crawly with these gnats!
I quickly scowered the internet on how rid these things but you know theres never enough info

This is what I did
I covered the soil of My Neanthebella palm trees and my Majesty palm (Only.other plant were the soil stays wet enough) with cinnamon. (I read some where this kills the fungus.on which the larvae feed upon)

I also bought those sticky trap and put two in with the palms and some in my other plants. Ive caught 3 so far!

I also have barley waterd anything (Except my Majesty.palm but I dont water it as much)

I also let my Little batch of Neanthebella palms trees sit outside for a while as it was 10 degrees and was pretty windy so I though it could get rid of some of the adults that were in the soil (There were tons when I put it outside)

Anyway, Do you giys think this is enough to get rid of these things?
Should I do anything more?
Ill make sure not to overwater my palms next time!
Thanks!

Comments (9)