SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtnc

Central NC/Raleigh areas ...soil fungus control

jimtnc
15 years ago

I'd appreciate it if anyone develops any soil/grass fungus problems after all of this rain/snow in our area to post here and let everyone else know. I lost all of my grass last fall from all the rain, cool temps and shade, ie, fungus set in before I was able to control it. I don't want lose it again before the start of the growing season.

Sooo, shout loud and long if you see any grass start to die the next few weeks. This time of year the sun is getting stronger and we start to see warmer temps, so it should be a different situation and not a problem like last fall, but if we get more cool periods it could strike again.

Yo auteck -

I see the forsythias blooming in my yard now, so how long did you say I had before I have to get the pre-m down for crabrass, etc or forget the effort? Most say to put it out now, but I think there should be some breathing room for that. I'm seeing warmer forecasts coming, so I really don't know when the CG seeds start to germ and really get going passing the pre-m effectiveness. I use to have it in late spring, and that stuff is a bear to cut...it almost never dries out and flops over in big clumps. As I said, haven't seen any except in the beds for years now since putting out the pre-m.

Comments (15)