SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sentspaces

When weeds are just everywhere? what's best?

sentspaces
14 years ago

Hello,

I noticed how knowledgeable this site is and I just had to get some advice from here. Basically, I feel that our front and back yard are not looking their best. They are somewhat green, but with weeds. Some are those dandelion type (not many of those), but the other is like small stems with green shrubby ends (like a tree with branches, but all green) very small though. We usually have someone that does the landscaping, but I don't think they know what they are doing. Basically I've been doing the research and TODAY I chose a patch to pull weeds, till the dirt, spread some seeds and water. I just wanted to see how it goes first before I try doing the whole lawn. The thing is I read that some people basically dig up the weeds, fill with top soil, plant seeds and water. I don't feel I can do that because the weeds are literally every 3-5 inches. It'd be a large task to pull up each one individually, fill and plant. I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing this. I already spread some weed and feed. I would have to wait about 5 more weeks if I wanted to spread some more. Still that process doesn't seem to be working as fast as I'd hope it would. Are there like treatments I can do to keep the lawn, but healing it back to be grass? Or is it just likely that I would have to destroy the whole yard, get a lot of topsoil, replant the seeds and water for a couple of weeks? Please any help would be appreciated. I'll try to get some pics up, but God it's embarrassing to have to show it. I can't believe it looks the way it looks. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)