SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nbacres

Corn Crib Gazebo FINALLY !!

nbacres
14 years ago

After two years of planning (and only one year of nagging--I mean suggesting--to my DH) I THINK we're getting the corn crib moved to it's new home - next to the deck and fish pond at our farm.

Our 15 yr old grandson from Denver is staying with us for 5 weeks. In addition to helping ship hogs, powerwashing, working calves (YES, he's saving for a car to drive so he'll do anything for $$) I've started a "paying cash" list that includes vac'ing the pond, clipping trees & grass at our park, hauling mom's old satelite dish home to convert to a sandbox gazebo, AND getting the corn crib set up!!!!

FYI, Here's my post from last year on the Landscaping Forum--OMG, who'd thunk it actually belonged in the Garden Junk Forum:

#1-I am wanting to convert an old wire corn crib into a gazebo for our garden area. Does anyone have any ideas and or pictures of a project such as this? Great ideas are abounding on this web site.

#2-WOW, you get the "green thumb" of the week! Thanks for posting the picture. We've located a wire crib like the one in the pic but still has the roof on it. In our plans is the crib being set over a tree (dead and pruned to about 10' tall) and putting the electrical outlets and lights on/in the tree. Believe it or not, my sweetie-pie husband is going to pour a concrete footing ledge for the crib to set on. Of course this is done AFTER crops are in, hogs are shipped, etc, etc, etc.

AND, guess what - I think calicocat1967 just volunteered to help! Thanks Kim...

Comments (7)