SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katherine67

Need a FAST fungicide for gray leaf spot on lawn

katherine67
15 years ago

We had a lawn company do a yard analysis yesterday. They found Gray leaf spot on our St. Augustine. It is pervasive. We have bad soil (new home) and even worse grass. We are basically starting from zero as far as getting the lawn in shape... our immediate problem is that our 2 year old daughter plays in the yard... and has eczema. We have suspected her flare-ups were grass related but did not know about gray leaf spot. (our lawn looks dormant/dead) Now I feel we need to knock this stuff out FAST. I don't want to go the chemical route unless absolutely necessary. I have read about cornmeal. Is this fast and effective? I can't afford to wait on this one. I am willing to try anything as far as killing the gray leaf spot. (we also have brown patch, less worried about that, I guess) Then we will worry about feeding the soil, aerating, etc. I have been reading about alfalfa, etc. and I'm very excited to try it.

we have not watered in a long time (weeks, if not months) but it has been raining here a lot and of course very warm and humid.

Thanks for your help. If I hear of a simple effective solution (such as cornmeal) I will be treating the yard today.

Comments (20)