SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmlanza

easiest bird feeder ever!

rmlanza
16 years ago

Here's my new bird feeder. I found this glass dish and a bud vase, 50 cents each, at the thrift store last week. I had the closet dowel and the bud vase fit right over it perfectly (someone else here suggested the bud vase idea for tea cup feeders, I think). I just siliconed them together and I have a pretty little bird feeder! I'm thinking I might paint the dowel or even mosaic it with little bits of glass (there's a little wiggle room under the vase) but it was already black.

{{gwi:142765}}

And when it rains...

{{gwi:142766}}

I just keep the lid under my grill. I realize I won't always get it on there before it rains but the feeder is super easy to clean out because it just sits over the dowel and can be taken off any time for cleaning.

And remember the eggs in my propane tank? Someone said they were house sparrows, thanks for identifying them. I don't care what they are, I just love all the birds. They've hatched and they're already getting feathers. Yesterday I went to check on them (without my camera, of course) and they all opened their mouths at me. Today, not so lucky. Like the robin babies on another thread, they must have been fed recently. Here they are, not super easy to see but you can see the outlines of their little beaks fairly well. I have to lift the lid of the propane tank to get these pictures and the angle doesn't make it easy to get good pictures...

{{gwi:142767}}

Have a great weekend everyone!

Robin

Comments (4)