SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

My new (old ) find & a suggestion

janepa
15 years ago

I recently posted a photo of my 'find' on the Garden Accoutrements forum, and someone suggested I should post it here. I am not sure if that was her evaluation of my 'find' since she didn't specifically offer one, but I thought you all might see what I see in this stove.

I bought it at an estate sale of my neighbor's brother for $20. I am trying to decide whether to keep it in the garden near a picnic table and some other seating, (where Pap, Grandma, and the grand kids could roast hotdogs, and marshmallows), or to put it on my back patio which is covered, but rather small. I thought of burning candles in it, or a faux log with a flickering flame.

It came to me in the galv. silver color, but I painted it with flat black grill paint (to withstand temps. to 1200 degrees) and then gave it a silver mist. I am going to repaint it in the black and highlight it in silver on the scroll work ring and the square base, along with a couple other places.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to make it look its best. I think it is very special, and if it is 'junk', it is the queen of junk. : )

{{gwi:890}}
Thanks for looking. Jane

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath