SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojomom

Suggestions for ew (and old) furniture advice and decor for new build

mojomom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We will be building a duplex townhome at a mountain resort town in a couple of years with our DD & SIL. It will be our retirement home and and starting to think about furniture. Not much will made the move, but a couple of items --my MIL's 1950s Drexel dining room set (or parts of it) because DH loves it and I really like the irony of the knotty pine and chippendale style. The the other thing we are considering taking is an antique 9ish by 12ish oriental rug (a bit to formal for me, but it is a fine one and I'd like to make it work). The house will be mountain modern/transitional. Walls will probably be Navajo awhie (or similar) integrated plaster and wood trim and probably stained wood cabinets (just because I've had painted cabs for 25 years and ready for a change. I'm leaning towards linin drapes simply because that's what I have also had for 25 years and still love them -a $900 trip to the cleaners every few years and they still look brand new. Favorite colors are camels, ashy grey's, taupes, blues and some reds. Favorite retailers tend to be RH and room and board (convenient). That said, we're open to any and all suggestions - color schemes, flooring, cabs, furniture, fireplace design, etc. -- completly open to anything. Just have fun and think of this as a DAT. Thanks in advance - You people are so are great!

Living Area Floorplan (not completly firm and kitchen plan is still very preliminary) Living and dining will be vaulted and unsure about kitchen. Upstairs is over the fron of the house only.

dining room furniture and rug (just added RH side chair I an considering). The table has three extra leaves, but most of the time will be set up to seat 8.

life any other info will be helpful, let np e know.

Comments (4)